Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In an effort to prove that I have read all those darned stories, (but they are in fact quite interesting), here are the very concise, summarised, abridged version of the respective stories continued from the previous posts.

After Twenty Years: This story illustrates how a friendship can never last without contact for some years. In fact, inside my 西游记 book it says such a fitting 常言:“三年不上门,当亲也不亲”, when the 孙悟空 thought he could get his 师父 back from the 牛魔王's son. Anyway i am deviating, so lets move on!

An Afternoon Miracle: This story is about some lady who never was scared of snakes changing after meeting some ranger, in the end being frightened by a caterpillar.

An Apology:  a very short story about an apology why they stopped printing the Rolling Stone.

Aristocracy versus Hash: Food (corned beef), in the end is still more important than some "moldy ancestors"

Art and the Bronco: Somehow I dont understand this.As usual for O Henry's stories, the twist is that his artwork is in the end, destroyed.

The Assessor of Success: Priorities figure a lot when you want to define what a good life is and one can never be satisfied unless his priorities are satisfied.

At Arms with Morpheus: A pharmacist tries to keep another friend awake by making him angry, accusing him of deeds he would never have dreamt to have done. Somehow i works but the friend seems to have accepted that deed as one of his real wrongdoings, otherwise meaning that the narrator had just messed up his brain.

Okay, here are the 7 stories for today. 180 more to go! Speaking of math, I think that I have totally failed for today's SMO 2009 which was superbly difficult, and was at least twice as mind-boggling as the 2008 paper. I hope that I can still make it to second round or risk myself losing a CCA. Hopefully I can get the gold Award too. Haiz. Good luck for me!

This sounds SO ego and self-centered. Haha.

Ng Yi Pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment