Friday, June 5, 2009

After so much boring posts on O Henry's stories, I have decided to post something about my trip yesterday to Bukit Chandu for my History ACE project with Ernest and Ming En. Since I had a dental appointment at ten o'clock, which was quite hard for me to reach unless I had my father's help to fetch me there, I reaed school at 8.35, which was a total of 1 hour and 25 minutes early for my dental appointment. Nonetheless, I went straight for the van and surprise! saw rayson heading towards the van. Though he was not as kiasu as me and was just punctual for his 8.40 appointment. 

For some reason, rayson and the dentists let me get my teeth drilled first. So I was lying on this chair and then the dentist pressed a button and one of the funniest sensations came about. Try sittig on a chair then having the back of the chair to lower to 180 degrees, then you will understand what I mean. Oh yeah. All who have read this post would have gone to the dental appointment themselves, so I guess I am mainly talking crap here. Anyway, everything went alright except the thing which the dentist used seemed to srape my tongue a little and for a moment I thought it was like a drller and when he told me to like open the left part of my mouth a little, my tongue followed the direction involuntarily, in the end receiving an unexpected present-a bite on it, leaving it momentarily thinking it was April Fools Day. Anyway, I had this ulcer on my lower lip so as the dentist's instruments groped around (okay maybe the verb here has some unnatural connotations which may lead to some mistakes) my mouth it gave me some electrifying contact to my poor ulcer. This left me with some tears in my eyes.

How touching.

So I finished the dental appointment, rushed away to the Tech centre and was a little surprised when I saw that the lab was open so I went in and read some O Henry stories (since we have 200 stories to cover) then went to the library and blah blah blah. I actually felt very disoriented because SMO was over and I had no excuse to pick up a math olympiad book and start practicing its questions. (PS. Yesterday night I had some funny dream in which I was told I got 50 1/2 out of 85 for SMO. Weird.) So I tried to do my homework (sun wu kong essay) but did not have the initiative to, so i left the library and started plodding through college to its gate.

As I was going to bukit chandu later with Ming en from hwa chong bus stop, and had planned to take my bus from NJC while ming en might take the same bus from opposite Coronation Plaza(which incidentally was Ming En's- wait I don't think I should say anything), my parents decided that since I was muddle-headed and was a confused existence (i was?!?!)(okay I added those flowery language, they only doubted I could take the bus there myself), I should take it with Ming En. So when I reached that bus-stop (mind you I walked there)I was earlier than ming En for 5 minutes and luckily 961 came in one minute's time. So it ended up with ming en reading xiyouji (吸油机)and me looking up the bus guide and street directory which my mother forced me to pack in case I got lost.

After changing bus we reached pasir panjang food centre and for some reason I was already hungry ( there would be five more episodes when I had the same hunger pangs) and we went straight to eat. Me and ming en bought some food from a malay stall and the stall owner ecognised we were from Hwa Chong and told us that their cousin( or was it sister's cousin?)/ relative worked as security guard there. So I got 50 cents off my fried rice which was a rip-off in the first place: $2.00!! Then I finished about half till I felt satisfied and started walking towards pepys road. 

As we climbed up Opium hill (or to me it looked like Opium Mountain (that would be Gunung Chandu in malay), I started getting hungry again and ate while walking up finally, we turned two arches and then we saw Ernest's mother's car. Exhausted as we were, we politely requested for a ride to go up to the top. It happened that we just needed to climb up one more flight of stairs to reach our destination. Pity the oil! That might be the cause of the oil prices rising again.

So after nearly finishing what was in my packet (note nearly) of fried rice, we entered the museum, paying one dollar each. Although there was alike a crowd of malays outside, we were astonished to find the whole museum empty except for the three of us. Quite creepy. Then we did what we did best. We slacked.

or more of we explored the museum for ourselves first.

Then we took pictures of every signboard, took videos of the place and took down notes. The only thing we did not take down was its artefacts. Yup, and we watched it show (Sounds of Battle) Only three of us were present inside. 

So finally, ernest's kind mother ferried us to Labrador Park, which only had a map at the entrance. We resorted to taking aphoto of the map and referring to it when we got lost. then we saw a sun skink (based on ernest) , a carpenter bee, a kingfisher, many lizards and more mosquito bites. Yet we could not see the war memorial we had gone to seek, and had to settle on the 6-inch gun at Labrador battery. But it was very informative for us. 

And at there, Ming En and myself finally finished the packet of fried rice and threw it away on top of the casemate (a kind of fortress where the soldiers revealed their guns and shot recklessly. okay the last part is not true). And for some reason we could not see its secret tunnels. The attendent is alleged to be not present at that time being.

So after loitering in the natural reserve, for about 1 and a half hours, and at the same time tiring out our legs, we decidedto give up and ernest's helpful mother came to pick us and sent me and ming en to coronation plaza bus stop. I became hungry yet again and started munching on my bread which I had brought and took bus back home. 

So that was my day, pretty straining on both of my limbs. Can you think of better days than this? Tell us!

OH my god, what an awful experience! I just got posessed by Cheryl Fox! Did she leave anything bad on this post? No? Luckily.

Bye, says yi pin.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you

    ReplyDelete